FLIS has a registered Nurse available on campus during normal operation hours. In the event the nurse is away from the area, she can be notified by phone.
Please observe the following notices regarding the FLIS nursing clinic:
1. Students who are injured or too ill to take part in classes should report to the nurse for examination.
2. The School Nurse will determine the extent of the illness/injury, assess their needs, and make a decision whether he/she will remain in the infirmary as a patient, be sent home, physician's office, hospital, or return to class. In some cases, the School Nurse may advise students to leave campus for medical treatment. At the nurse's discretion, the student may lie down or rest during a class period.
3. All students should have medical records forms and medical treatment release forms on file in the nurse’s office.
4. It is the duty of the school nurse to secure and protect these files. Students should submit these records and release forms prior to beginning school each year.
5. If the School Nurse advises students to seek medical treatment off campus, then he/she should accompany the student to the place of medical treatment if the parent or guardian cannot arrive to escort the student in a proper amount of time.
6. Any medication prescribed by a doctor to students should be given to the School Nurse, who will be responsible for administering according to the proper timetable. The school nurse or clinic cannot and never will prescribe medication to any student.
7. The school nurse is not a psychological counselor, and thus students are not allowed to visit just to discuss problems.
8. Any student who visits the nurse must be given a nurse admit slip. If this slip is not given, then students are subject to disciplinary action if tardy to or absent from class.
9. Students with any kind of communicable illness are discouraged from attending classes at FLIS. If you have questions about this then please call the nursing office.
10. Nonprescription medication of any kind is considered a banned substance on FLIS campus, and its possession is therefore subject to disciplinary action.
11. The parents/guardian(s)need to grant permission to FLIS to obtain emergency treatment for the student in the event that the parents/guardian(s) cannot be contacted. (see medical form) In addition, it is agreed to promptly reimburse and indemnify the School for any sums incurred as a result of the School’s giving such authorization of obtaining medical care.
12. Students are not allowed to have visitors while in the infirmary.